Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ala Moana Center Easy In/Easy Out/Parking Tips

The same information can be found at:
https://sites.google.com/site/shoheisoahutips/ala-moana-center-easy-in-easy-out-parking-tips

So, we've all been to the Ala Moana Shopping Center for one reason or another.  This place is like the Frankenstein of malls because I guess they kept adding to the mall and kept making it bigger and bigger, so it's easy to get lost and it's confusing at times getting around.  One thing that my wife learned because she was so frustrated with traffic, is probably the easiest way to get in to the Shopping Center and finding parking.  Now, this will not work all of the time, but I've found that it works for me most of the time.

Here's the street map on how you should approach the Shopping Center.  You will have to get on Keeaumoku and go south on it in the center lane:


Here's a video of me driving in to Ala Moana.  I am taking a right on to Keeaumoku from Rycroft.  The center lane is usually the least busy on Keeaumoku.  Notice I turn right at the top of the ramp to steer myself away from all of the cars waiting to go to pretty much the same parking area:


If you want to get out, just retrace your steps back to the same ramp.  Get in the right lane on the ramp down and it will take you to Keeaumoku going north in what's usually the least busiest lane.  Here's a video of me driving out of Ala Moana:


Hope that helps.  If you have any other suggestions, please let me know and I will try it and update this page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment